This soul nourishing vegan lentil soup recipe is easy to make and will leave you craving more. Using just a few simple ingredients and a straight forward method, here’s how to make the perfect vegan lentil soup in 45 minutes.
- 1 large Onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 large leeks
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of brown or green lentils
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (or more to thicken)
- 4 cups of water (add more if you like thinner soup)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder / 1 clove of diced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- Pinch of chilli powder
- A dash of soy sauce
- Chop the potatoes into small chunks.
- Put a large saucepan of water on the hob and boil the potatoes for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Chop the onion, carrots, leaks and kale into chunks.
- Put a large saucepan of 4 cups of water on the hob to boil.
- Add the onion, carrots, leaks and kale.
- Drain the potatoes then add them to the large saucepan of vegetables.
- Add the lentils and tomato paste.
- Stir well to mix in the tomato paste until it dissolves.
- Keep stirring until everything is blended.
- Add the garlic, oregano, cumin, curry powder, chilli powder, coriander and soy sauce.
- Bring to a medium heat, cover with a lid and lower heat to simmer for 30-40 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Be sure that the lentil soup is at your desired consistency, add more water if desired.
- Serve with your favourite bread.
Like our ‘Vegan Lentil Soup’ recipe? Pin it!